Check out our FAQs
1. How is the positioning system calibrated?
The procedure to calibrate the various antennae is as follows:
1) On the Helpnex server, click on the positioning service in the left hand column of the server. The service screen will be displayed on the right.
2) Under the “Device Status” tab, you see the status of each antenna, with its corresponding code. There are two buttons for each one: “Calibrate” and “Reset”. The first one activates antenna calibration while the second button deletes the last calibration carried out.
3) Click “Calibrate” for as many antennae as you want to calibrate (ideally all of them, although you may find it easier to select only a few at a time). The buttons switch to display the word “Stop”.
4) Go to each antenna in the system with one or several tags and place the cursor just below the antenna. Keep the cursor under the antenna for at least 30 seconds, moving it slightly (changing the orientation tags for that antenna, taking a few steps in one direction and then moving back under the antenna, etc.).
5) Repeat the procedure for all the antennae. It is very important not to omit any antenna as that would make the entire calibration process wrong and you will have significant positioning errors.
6) Go back to the server and press the “Stop” buttons again to complete calibration. You have to check that the box “Pot. Max” (maximum power) on all the antennae you have calibrated is different to zero. If not, you have to repeat the process for those antennae. It is also important to check that the different maximum powers shown are similar. A very low power reading for an antenna usually indicates that the antenna has not been calibrated properly, except if the antenna is in a place with a lot of interference (near a computer rack, a major electrical installation, a metal-shielded area…)
2. How should the NX9021 tags be stored so that they discharge as little as possible?
3. How to distribute antennae in a positioning system?
Triangulation: Receivers should be positioned to form triangles, with spacing between the centres of the receivers of approximately 10m so that their fields overlap (the field has a radius of about 7m).
You should try to avoid aligning 3 receivers with a distance of less than 10m because in that case, triangulation in that area is less accurate. This is the recommended installation pattern.
To distribute antennae correctly, you should start by placing antennae at the corners and every 10m around the perimeter of the installation. Try to ensure that 3 antennae are not aligned in less than 10 meters. Once you have covered the perimeter and corners, you need to fill the inner spaces of the installation, while respecting the recommended spacing distances.
In line: For a smaller installation or when wiring is especially complex, the receivers can be fitted in line, if necessary. In such cases, the receivers should also be placed with 10m spacing between them, but positioning accuracy is on the line that joins the centres, at a distance proportional to the power received.
IP Patient-Nurse Call System
4. Can I make a call from an NX0418 console to an IP door entry unit?
5. Changing the settings of an NX0033 for an NX0030
By default, the table is blank. To add a new action, click on the “Add” button that is located just below the table. To remove the last action, press the “Delete” button.
In order to apply these new actions to the peripheral’s settings, tick or check the “Apply internal settings to the device” box. This check will remain active until the device is configured. You have to update the terminal’s web to check the update works.
Apart from configuring these actions, the terminal also programs the device’s input and output settings.
Data for the configured actions will remain in the table even when the device has already been set up.
6. Factory pre-set IP address for the terminals
Bear in mind that the network settings on the computer you use to log on, as well as the rest of the network infrastructure between the computer and the terminal, must be correctly set up to access the above IP.
Analog Patient-Nurse Call System
7. How can I tell if an NX0050 is working?
When placing your purchase order for NX0010/2 terminals built from June 2015 onwards, it is essential you tell us whether or not an NX0050 RF module is to be included. In order to have the NX0050 module installed afterwards, you will have to return them to the factory.
If the terminal is set up as an RFID radio unit and does not have an NX0050 installed, it emits a 4-flash blink every 10 seconds.
General Patient-Nurse Call System
8. Change communications service port
With the configuration settings for the communication service, “VoiP calling server IP” will configure both the IP and port. e.g.: 10.70.11.20:5900
9. Can you configure the same UX NX0130 in several room terminals?
10. What happens if the PBX has both a 3 and 4-digit code? Are there any restrictions?
When a terminal triggers an alarm, it waits for a while for the software to establish the call. If the software does not answer in time, the terminal thinks that the call cannot be established and switches to off-line mode.
Imagine a scenario in which you call extension 300. As the programmed number of the switchboard may be 4 digits long, it waits to see any more numbers are dialled. This waiting time may cause the terminal to think that the call cannot be established and thus switch to off-line mode.
The waiting time interval can be altered on the IP terminal but not on the analogue terminal.
11. What is this difference between Nursing Homes Spanish and Hospital Spanish languages?
In the Hospital language, all text strings with “Client” are changed to “Patient”.
12. How can you page forward when previewing reports?
13. Can I check the owner of a garment or the room number using the hand-held scanner?
This can be done in two ways:
- Using the search option on the Android app menu and filtering by owner and room.
- You can also run a search without a filter and consult the additional information on garments found (not available for in versions earlier than V1.08)
Do you still have a question or query?
Contact us and we will solve them as quickly as possible!